Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Meaning of Life

Well, the meaning of life to me (only a fraction of it) because life is too complicated to have just one definition to it. This is the poem I wrote for my Creative Writing Course while I was doing my Bachelor's Degree in TESL in Shah Alam.
Life Is…



Life is…
A cup of black coffee
That is bitter until you put sugar into it,
Or you can call the waiter
To bring you the creamer,
Making your coffee taste better.

Life is…
A frail but eager rosebud.
It may flourish the next morning,
If only it can withstand the night’s storm.

Life is…
A journey that is uncertain.
Sometimes we just can’t tell where we will be.
Sometimes we can be so convinced,
With careful planning that is.

Life is…
Like a bottle of perfume
Filled with an infusion of scents,
That has the power to evoke memories.
Makes us reminisce the past or worrying about the future.


No comments: